In this day and age, travelling has become an integral part of our lives – it has always been and more so in recent times. We are reviewing the best travelling bags you might need while travelling. If you are confused about which bag to buy for travelling purpose, we are here to help you.
Best Travelling Bags
One of the things that should top the list is a travelling bag. There are many bags available in the offline market, some might be bad, some good. We are recommending some of the best travelling bags you can buy online at affordable prices. We have reviewed many bags with features, have a look at them below.
Duffle Bags from the house of Dussle Dorf are for those who live on the fast track and are always on the go. Whether you are heading off to a vacay for a few days or a week, a duffle bag is the easy thing you can stow your essentials and for that effortless mobility.
- This zip closure bag is made of polyester and comes in various color variants.
- It has one compartment and extra pockets to keep your things in an organized fashion.
- The shoulder strap can be detached and it has dual handle for added convenience.
- It has hard bottom padded patches to give protection for any scratches.
- It comes with six months warranty from the date of purchase
- According to a customer, the strength of the zip closure diminishes over time to hold it tight.
Aristocrat – one of India’s leading luggage brand is known for manufacturing high-quality durable luggage catering to all kinds of traveller. This bag has it all – brand heritage, top-notch material and durability which makes it a top pick for travellers.
- This bag is made of polyester with PU coating and comes in red colour.
- It has a protective lug, extendable handle and detachable shoulder strap.
- It possesses butterfly lock, 2 wheels for easy mobility and one compartment to stuff the world you want to carry along
- It has a front pocket that adds to the aesthetic appeal of the bag and keeps things organized
- It comes with 5 years of international warranty – so travel hard, this bag has your back for 5 years!
- Few customers have voiced their concern over the zip – as you need to pump in extra effort to fasten after few months of heavy usage
- It is not water-resistant
Heading for mountain trekking in the Himalayas? Then look no further as this backpack has all it takes the lessen the load off you. It has sporty looks that can jazz you up in your mountain trails.
- This bag comes with a free rain cover and waterproof base that should keep you stress-free and protected from wet weather.
- This bag is made of durable PU coated polyester fabric and double dotted waterproof polyester – built for all weather conditions.
- This main compartment of this rucksack has 55 litres of capacity – enough for a 7 days trip in the mountains.
- The heavily padded back panel is made of breathable mesh keeps your back ventilated so that you feel a little cooler and makes it comfortable so that you never back down against the toughest of a climb.
- It features a shoe compartment that is separated from the main compartment so that you don’t have to stuff your shoe in the main compartment
- It comes with the convenience of a front handle to hold it in case you want to get the load off your back for some time and can carry the yoga mat as well.
Some of the customers have expressed their dissatisfaction over the size or the capacity of the shoe compartment – as one needs to struggle to keep the shoes inside it
This rucksack comes from the house of Wildcraft – ergonomically built that makes travelling easy. With improved back system, this is a must have for anyone who is an avid traveller.
- This 45 litres water resistant rucksack is made of nylon and features top loading main compartment with drawstring closure.
- Sports a padded back system to increase the level of comfort as you carry it on your back
- It is engineered to accompany you in your trail by lessening the burden on your shoulder as it comes with padded shoulder strap which can be adjusted to give a snug fit
- For easy load management, it is equipped with compression straps and belt that you can wrap it around your waist.
- It has only one compartment which means that you have to pack in your stuff – all in the same compartment. You need to unpack and pack it again in case you are rummaging something.
Want to move in style? Then this trendy and lightweight travel bag from Skybags will give you immediate gratification
- It is made of durable polyester with PVC coating
- It has a capacity of 60.46 litres and comes with push button trolley and bag stopper to make your travel hassle-free.
- It features extra pockets for better storage management and organization of your essentials.
- It sports a butterfly lock to secure your stuff, one compartment and a set of two wheels for easy mobility.
- Users of this product have opined that the quality of the zip is poor and becomes hard to fasten on subsequent use.
This duffle bag is for those who are always on the move and is engineered to be used in two ways to serve you good as your travel partner.
- It has an opening in the form of U shape so that you can access all the items stored in the bag easily
- The bag sports twin grab handle which distributes the weight evenly to give you hassle-free experience
- It is lightweight and made of nylon
- It is fortified with bottom and side lugs for enhanced protection
- The shoulder strap provided is detachable and can be adjusted as per your convenience
- It has a spacious main compartment having a capacity of 83 litres
- It has one front pocket and two side pockets to keep you organized by carrying your requisite travel gear all the way to your destination.
- Some of the consumers have claimed that there is no inner lining which can impact the durability of the product
- Few customers have accentuated the fact that this bag cannot be expanded even by a small margin
You can raise a storm while you make this Istorm duffle bag trolley your travel partner. It is a versatile travel bag that you can stuff your items and turn heads around with its dual tone color.
- It is light-weight and made of durable material.
- It is available in various color combinations – pick up a color that reflects your personality.
- It has a spacious main compartment and side pockets.
- It has protective bottom lugs that keeps the bag protected from any unintentional scratches.
- It has a handle at the top so that you can toss it around your back and carry it along instead of pulling it around on its two wheels
- A customer had a terrible experience with the zip as it was not fastening within weeks of purchase
- An irate customer had claimed that the comfort pad on the shoulder pad cannot be adjusted to be in the centre when it was shortened.
With the guarantee for reliability and affordability promised by Amazon Basics, this bag is a delight for travellers as it makes it an ideal choice for your business trips or international holidays.
- This bag sports an attractive design
- The bag is made of 100% durable polyester.
- Sides and base are reinforced with 1680D ripstop and 210D lining.
- It has multiple front pockets and one main compartment – all of them with zip closure.
- It features wheels and a telescopic handle so that you can tow with minimal effort.
- It sports a removable shoulder strap.
- Some customers have highlighted that the bag itself weighs around 5 kgs which makes it difficult to carry it along.
This bag is made for those who loves to live life in style. This bag is an exemplary for sheer style, fine detail and craftsmanship.
- It is made of high-quality polyester which makes the product durable
- This waterproof bag has a capacity of 24 litres
- It has one compartment and comes with extendable and adjustable strap
- You can carry it along in three different ways – you can use the handle at the top or use it like a regular back pack or use to shoulder strap – flaunt it as back pack or sling bag or hand bag
- It comes with a warranty of 1 year
- The stitching of this bag is not that strong enough to endure the test of time as reported by few customers
TRAWOC presents 55 litre backpack bag – making it a must have for all your short trips or daycation with its stylish and ergonomic design.
- This bag is made of lightweight PU tear-resistant water-resistant fabric to give it added strength to carry the load
- To get a snug fit, it sports cushioned back panel, breathable and padded mesh shoulder straps and waist strap – all of these so that you worry less and focus on your expedition
- It sports a pocket where you can keep your water bottle
- It has a night reflective strips that glows when light falls on it
- It has a shoe compartment so that you don’t have to pack all your items in the same compartment
- It has padded base
- There is no pouch or small pocket inside the bag as claimed by few customers
Things to consider before buying a travelling bag
With the plenty of options available in the market, you are spoilt for choice. In order to make an informed decision one has to pay heed to the tips before buying a travelling bag which is why if you are planning to purchase a new travelling bag, you are in the right place.
So, here’s our quick guide that we have whipped around on things you need to consider before you select your next travel companion in the form of a travel bag:
1. Advisory for a lightweight travel bag
These bags are made from light material and are made of light material which is why they are classified under lightweight travel bag. It is recommended not to buy a travel bag weighing more than 3 kgs. If you are a frequent flyer, chances are high that you might have to shell out extra for additional luggage or excess baggage beyond a certain limit.
2. Compact travel bag
Being compact is in in vogue these days. Buying a travel bag which is compact is no brainer – makes you feel lighter and it is convenient in more than one way – as it can easily be stowed in the car’s garage or in the flight cabin or below the office desk so that you can head off to airport directly from office.
3. A bag with wheels and telescope handle can make you move with panache
Any bag cannot be lugged around for long which is why there is nothing like buying a travel bag that comes with wheels fitted. It is recommended to go for a travelling bag with a handle that can be retracted preferably on the lines of a telescopic handle can do a world of good. Check for a handle that can tune itself in accordance to your height before buying a travelling bag so that it doesn’t wear you down with fatigue as you hop from one airport to another.
4. A colour that matches your personality
The color of a travel bag is not confined only to black, brown or grey and these
colors have fizzled out into oblivion. You have the liberty to select the color that you
like the most to stand out in the crowd and radiate your personality with élan.
5. Give precedence to quality and warranty
Without any further ado, price of the travelling bag is one of the most crucial factors before you invest your hard-earned money into one.
Invest in a travelling bag that is gives you a good value for money – the thing that should atop our mind is – this is a commodity that can pay you rich dividends if selected after much deliberation.
Buy a travel bag that oozes quality and most importantly, has a guarantee tag attached – you may have to pay a bit extra but it is worth the money in the long run considering travel bag to be a long term essential in the grand scheme of things.
Is there any color preference that I need to keep in mind while buying a travel bag?
A travel bag is available in all the colors in the palette. Black is always the quintessential color for travel bags but of late, the color black has become a passe. Though the classic black color makes dents and cracks and wear and tear less visible, it is more of a retro thing. If you are one who loves to lead a bright life and make it large and loud, you can go for offbeat colors to add a touch of style with boundless zest.
What are the extra convenient features I should look forward to in a travel bag?
To get the best out of your travel bags, it is recommended to explore and access different travel bags to check out what that suits your need and make your travel convenient.
Here’s what we have in this checklist:
- Compartment and pouches inside the bag with inbuilt separators
- Lockable zippers
- Extra padding om pressure points
- Made of Water-resistant material
What is the best size of a travel bag?
The ideal size of a travel bag suitable for traveling should ideally be in the range of 55-60 Litres in capacity.
Is it necessary to invest in a travel bag that assures guarantee?
Absolutely, a big yes – buying a travel bag that has the assurance of a guarantee will stand you in good stead in the long run.
A product tagged with a guarantee will provide you peace of mind against any damages or defects that might occur within the ambit of terms and conditions laid down.
One needs to understand the added advantage of a product that comes with a guarantee thing.
It is always recommended to extend the guarantee period if there is a provision as such while buying a travel cost – even at cost. This will ensure you stick to the product for long without the need to buy one.
What is the precautionary measure you can take to maintain your travel bag in top condition?
The cardinal rule is not to overstuff or overpack your travel bag. Chances are high that the travel bag may tear apart or get damaged if you overstuff or overpack your travel bag. Periodic maintenance and upkeep should be exercised to keep your travel bag in immaculate condition.
Now that you are well informed and having acquired the knowledge of owning the right travel bag for you – here’s the thing – a good travel bag speaks a lot and is always noticed to fetch you compliments galore.
It is recommended to select the right travel bag by investing in the right brand for a perfect stress-free vacay or for that hectic spell of office work in another city!
One has to prudent in selecting the right travel bag by paying heed to the pointers as discussed above or else, you might have to go helter-skelter down the road dragging the carcass of your travel bag.
Decide for yourself from this curated list of best travelling bags in India as you are one step away from indulging yourself in plenty of joie de vivre.Best travelling bags in India